Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crinkly taggie blanket

Okay so browsing through a few blogs the other day I came across this tute...

Better Life Bags
You should check it out! There are tons of great tutorials and make sure you read Rebecca's About Me to learn what Better Life Bags is all about.

Anyways I thought her tag blanket was a fantastic idea as K loves the crinkly noises as well..
So here is my first one...



Now before I get a bunch of comments about how this isn't safe because some of the ribbons are looped and the fabric tags may fray, I want to let you all know that this one was just an experiment and thrown together with a few scraps I had on hand. I did this at around 1 am.. It was also my first time trying to make faux chenille - obviously my method needs a little tweaking as this did NOT turn out quite right...

But the main thing was just to see what K's reaction to it would be.. And so far he likes it! I've let him play with it a bit under close supervision..
But I have figured out what he likes most about it....



He likes it under his feet when he's in his Johnny jumper! Everytime he bounces he makes noise!!

Stay tuned, I am putting together my first tutorial and will try to post it tomorrow!!

1 people think..:

Unknown said...

Hey great job!! Just be careful with making the loops (not because of safetly issues) but if you ever decide to put them on Etsy, that will make you take the loops out. The makers of "Taggies" will flag you out and make a huge fuss over it. Apparently, Taggies Brand has copyrighted the Loops (I only know this because myself, along with others were all included when trying to sell them on Etsy. So which is why we've all gone to the No Loops method!

Other than that. I think the blanket turned out extremely wonderful for your first time!! Keep up the excellent Work!!!