Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting ready for babies!

No not mine, no more babies for me, but it seems like everyone I know is pregnant. My sister-in-law, my cousin, my friend, my ex sister-in-law... I'm sure there are others..
But the thing is, only one of those is a girl, so I've been a little excited to make some girlie stuff finally. 

I made a few washcloths already and still have a few more to make. One side is super soft terry cloth, the other is a soft flannel. 



One set for my nephew


And one set for my friend's girl



While I was shopping for the flannel for those washcloths, I had another idea. How about some changing pads? I made these as a travel diaper & diapers wipes bag/changing pad. I've seen several variations of these online and I didn't use any pattern, just kinda winged it.


The camo one is for my sister-in-law and will match the carseat I redid for her last month. I did the camo one first.





The little pocket at the top can be for a wipe case or diapers, if diapers are in it it can also serve as a cushion for babies head. And yes I do plan on recovering the wipes case to match both of these.
These are actually not too hard to do. The pad part itself I found in the remnant bin, it is vinyl tablecloth material! I put 2 thin layers of batting between the pad and backing fabric, and sewed the tie string and pocket on then added the binding all around. The camo is a canvas-y type of material.

The pink camo I did next, I had to do this one a little different because I didn't have as much pink camo fabric and because the way it was cut already, it was left over from a previous project. I actually like how this one turned out and will probably go with this style on any future ones I make.






I chose not to have binding on this one, so I sewed RST then flipped and top-stitched all around. Instead of a pocket I just made flaps and added velcro strips to keep it closed. Then I just sewed the flap and ties on right over the top-stitching. The pink camo and tie strings are a soft cotton jersey.





I love how the pink one turned out!

I will be linking up here and would love for you to go have a look around, these are some great linky parties and I get tons of inspiration.

Have a great day everyone!!




8 people think..:

Michelle said...

lovin the changing pads especially the pink camo fabric...super cute

Amanda said...

I love them all!!!! Very beautiful! <3

ohboy said...

Wow your super talented Tiffany!!

Tayler said...

I'm so in love with these Tiffany! So fab, and what better than a gift made with heart! LOVE!

Chrissy said...

They are wonderful! Love them!
Thanks for your sweet email and the follow! Right back atcha!
Sent you an email...so excited!
Thanks so much!
Hugs xxx

Family Fashion and Facts said...

They look awesome! Great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking up! Adorable!! What a great idea!!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Cute idea!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!